Sorry, but copying text is forbidden on this website!
Introduction This document will outline all the major tasks and subtasks involved in the Unit 2 part of the three-unit course. Requirements The requirements of the user were to convert a paper based system of booking to an electronic booking system through my vast knowledge of ICT. This involved creating a logo, an invoice, the actual booking system and a set of two mail merge letters. The Logo The logo was one of the first assignments that we did and was one of the easiest for me. The main problem that I encountered was that it was hard for me to think of a design for my logo. It took me a while, but I eventually got my head around it.
The strengths were that it was easy for me to replicate it but for some it was a lot harder because the designs were too intricate for them to replicate on the computer and had to use the electronic white board (Smart Board). If I did this again I would use Paint Shop Pro 7 for it would have looked a lot more professional. The Invoice The invoice was a lot harder for some and it would have been easier for me to use a less complex design. The invoice itself was easy to plan out but not to create. During the creation on the invoice, I actually forgot how to create a macro by using the control toolbox, so I spent some time scripting the macros.
This was easy, for I do a lot of level, map and character scripts for a game that I have created. Then I realised how to do a macro and I started to use the control toolbar again and got the macros done a lot faster. If I did this again, I would have used the control toolbox instead of the forms toolbox and record my own macros instead of scripting them. The strength of this part was using MS Excel to create this invoice. The weakness was my mind, for forgetting how to generate the macros. The Booking System This was the longest and the most tedious task of all, and was created using MS Access (A database construction program).
First, I created the three tables and a relationship between the tables. The next item that required undertaking was the queries. They were created with ease and were to be used in the manufacture of the forms and reports. The switchboard was next; this was easy to create for the reason that it was mainly consisted of macros and a . gif image. The strength was the speed in which I created it, the weakness was the close program macro, which did not close the program down, but merely closed the switchboard. If I did this again, I would have taken my time and checked over everything instead of testing it once and just leaving it.
Mail Merge Letters The mail merge letters were quite easy. It just involved creating a set of 2 letters, which had space for merge fields. These merge fields allow the program to place certain pieces of information into the document. These documents were to be merged with the database to create an amount of letters the number of which is defined by the amount of clients with similar pieces of data. The strength was the software, which was easily implemented with the section of the program that handled the merge. The weakness was the amount of time the merge fields took to input into the document.